CopyWriter - (Austin, TX)
Growing Financial Publisher Needs Another Copywriter ASAP!
Are you an experienced direct-response copywriter? Do you love investing? Do you know an ETF from an MLP from a CDO? Do you want the opportunity to leverage your income through your writing talents?
If so, we'd love to hear from you. StreetAuthority, an established multi-million dollar financial publishing company is looking for a great direct-response copywriter to promote our 14 investment newsletters. You'll be writing everything from three-line ads to 20-page+ direct mail promotions.
Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker with 5+ years of copywriting experience who can juggle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment. You will be working closely with our editors/researchers, marketing, and top management.
- Developing fresh creative concepts/copy platforms for promotional campaigns, including 20-page+ landing pages, emails and lift notes, ads and advertorials
- Collaborating with marketing and management to develop strategy
- Keeping copy and related collateral fresh with new headlines, updated ledes and timely events
- Providing vision and guidance to the creative teams on production and implementation of copy across multiple formats and channels, to include text, order pages, video sales letters, videos, and related collateral
- Experience writing marketing copy for financial/investing subscription products
- Experience writing for online channels
- Must be a creative thinker
- Collaborative and effective working in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to constantly changing information and objectives
For immediate consideration, please send 3 writing samples with resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate "Copywriter" in the subject line of email.
- Location: Austin, TX. We will consider remote working arrangement for the right candidate
- Compensation: Competitive and benefits
- Principals only, no recruiters
- No phone calls please
StreetAuthority is an equal opportunity employer
Stock Market Writers - (Austin, TX/Telecommute)
Do you have a passion for researching and writing about the stock market?
Does the idea of learning and working alongside some of the brightest minds in the financial publishing industry get you excited?
StreetAuthority is one of the fastest growing publishers in the industry. We're focused on one thing and one thing only: publishing premium financial content that helps investors navigate today's markets and profit -- no matter what.
This kind of person we're looking for is an entrepreneurial individual who has familiarity with the stock market and investing, has some writing experience, and wants to help our company grow our loyal following.
So whether you're an analyst that's been writing on the side and looking to make a career change, a self-taught financial guru, or a young and hungry recent graduate looking to get into the business (or all of the above), we want to hear from you.
The right candidate will reside in Austin, TX or be willing to relocate. We've found that it's essential for our writers to be able to talk in person with each other, our marketing team and the rest of our staff about what works best in order to create the best content possible.
As a Stock Market Writer for StreetAuthority, you will be a part of our in-house bullpen of writers, editors and researchers. That means on any given day you could find yourself working with content from our premium newsletters and adapting it for our free editorial products, writing an article for StreetAuthority.com under your own name, or doing your own value-added independent research for one of our newsletters or articles.
At StreetAuthority, we pride ourselves on coming up with ways to profit from the market that individual investors won't readily find through traditional mainstream financial media. Our subscribers pay us good money for our ideas, and that means we have to be independent and creative. Often times this means we have to tell our readers what they need to hear, not what they necessarily want to hear.
In short, the kind of writing we're looking for will:
- Feature a compelling investment topic not readily found on other financial websites
- Have a strong narrative that not only brings the reader in, but draws them through the content
- Leaves the reader feeling satisfied with actionable investing advice, but also knowing that our premium products have even more to offer.
- Degree in English, Journalism, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field is preferred
- A passion for the stock market. If you know about the markets and want to gain a more in-depth level of knowledge, this position is ideal
- Precision and a close eye for detail
- A strong, independent work ethic
- Familiarity with Yahoo! Finance, Bloomberg terminal (preferred, not required), and other data sources
The starting salary will be based on your experience and qualifications. We aggressively reward those who show they can work hard, take independent ownership of their responsibilities, and learn quickly. Paid sick/vacation, health, dental, and matching 401(k) included.
This position is located at our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to Jobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: "Stock Market Writers Candidate":
- An introduction email or cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position.
- Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or are related to investing (links to online versions are acceptable)
Back to Top
Senior Financial Writer - (Austin, TX/Telecommute)
Do you have what it takes to write for one of the fastest-growing stock market websites in the country?
StreetAuthority.com is looking for experienced, senior-level financial writers to join our team. But we don't want just anyone...
Our writers are investing experts with strong opinions, a proven track record of success (with evidence to back it up), and a love for finding the next great investment that will make money for our readers.
StreetAuthority has become one of the largest media companies in the financial industry by focusing on compelling topics that are not widely covered anywhere else.
As you learn our style, you will be contributing to our premium, fee-paid newsletters, writing website articles for StreetAuthority.com, writing in-depth research reports, and a number of other items. But what we really want are writers who can take the next step and become the main personality and expert behind a premium (paid) newsletter advisory.
Being a newsletter personality involves researching and writing compelling, in-depth articles about your investment recommendations. But it's more than simply writing a "book report" on a stock. You'll have to build your issues around interesting angles that educate and entertain readers. And most important, you'll need to be a leader who isn't afraid to make bold calls and to point out exactly why our readers should trust YOUR judgment and why they should not follow the herd.
Investment Categories You Should Focus on:
We're looking for writers who specialize in one or more of the following categories:
- Income Investing (with a focus on dividend-paying stocks)
- Options Trading (with an emphasis on writing puts and calls as a means to generate income)
- Crisis Investing (show readers how to invest in bear markets and other crisis situations)
- A history of making profitable investments
- Expert-level knowledge of the stock market, with the passion and ability to teach others
- Ability to write in an easy-to-understand, conversational voice
- A creative eye for finding investments and investment themes that aren't covered elsewhere
- A team player willing to pitch in when and where needed to help our fast-growing company
- A positive attitude, and comfort with having your work edited
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills for tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a financial field (finance, business, economics), or related industry experience.
- Prior experience writing financial articles for a highly-visible website or publication.
- Candidates with experience writing financial advisories will be given the most consideration.
- At a minimum, qualified candidates must have experience researching investing ideas and writing articles focused on specific stocks, ETFs and other financial instruments.
Salary level will depend on experience. Full benefits provided, including health insurance and 401(k).
Qualified candidates will be given the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world. However, the ideal candidate would be willing to relocate to our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to AnalystJobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: "Senior Financial Writers Candidate":
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position. Prove your experience and expertise in all areas mentioned above.
- Resume and Portfolio (links to a website are accepted)
- Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or ETFs
Email Production Coordinator (Austin, TX)
Do you have a sharp analytical mind and great interpersonal and communication skills? Do you excel at detailed tasks, numbers and statistics?
As our email production coordinator, you will gain insight into the technical areas of our marketing and advertising campaigns. Working closely with multiple departments on a daily basis, you will manage our email lists, delivery metrics and ISP relationships while ensuring best practices across all of our email operations.
- - Understand and perform the concepts of list cleansing, list management, merge/purge, splits, list testing and engineering.
- - Maintain an overview of current operations to ensure that all mail is both correctly formatted as well as correctly delivered.
- - Report and provide insight on statistical email delivery data.
- - SQL, Excel, database or other methods of data access and manipulation.
- - Knowledge of email formatting and limitations across multiple email clients and browsers.
- - Experience or studies in media, journalism, or English as well as prior experience or studies in HTML, CSS, and online publishing.
- - Experience in the email sector, online publishing, email deliverability knowledge (CAN-SPAM, DKIM, Return Path, SPF, best practices, blacklists, etc.) or publishing is a big plus.
- - Proficient with SQL, Excel, database or other methods of data access and manipulation.
StreetAuthority is one of the largest publishers of independent financial research, with more than 125,000 subscribers and over a million monthly visitors. Our offices are located in Austin, Texas, one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic cities in America named by Forbes as "The nation's #1 'boom town' for the next decade."
We value employee effort and time; StreetAuthority's commitment to your future is covered by medical and 401K benefit packages and paid time off. We actively work on having an encouraging work environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Applicants please send your resume and a brief story about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please include 'Email Production Coordinator' in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Pay based on experience. Paid sick/vacation, health, vision, dental, 401(k). Positions are located in North Austin, TX.
Back to Top
Copy Editor - (Austin, Texas)
Are you passionate about editing, have an incredible eye for detail and an interest in the stock market? StreetAuthority, one of the fastest-growing financial publishers, is looking to add a critical member to the editorial team.
StreetAuthority is seeking a talented candidate to help us:
- Edit our investment advisory newsletters and website content
Proofread, fact check and scrutinize everything we publish with a borderline psychotic attention to detail
Publish and schedule content
Maintain and update reports, content and websites
Work with writers to produce compelling financial content
- Experience editing and proofreading, particularly about finance or investing
Knowledge of AP style
Degree in English, journalism, economics, finance or marketing preferred
Investing or trading experience is desired but not required
Experience using Drupal, Dreamweaver and/or FrontPage is a plus
This is a full-time position (not part-time or satellite work) that will challenge you to work hard and do your best every day to become a top editor.
Here's the bottom line: We write about stocks and options trading. While you don't need to be a financial wizard starting out, you will need to be brought up to speed quickly on the stock and options strategies we use. So a desire to learn about investing and trading is key. But above all, we want someone who is passionate about editing, i.e., someone who cares that no fact goes unchecked, no weak argument is glossed over and no grammatical error is shrugged off.
The starting salary will be based on your experience and qualifications. Health care, 401(k) included.
This position is located at StreetAuthority's brick-and-mortar offices in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to email@example.com with the subject line: "Copy Editor Candidate"
Back to Top